EXMO recommends two-factor authentication to keep your account secure.
How does it work? When authorizing EXMO, after entering the registration email and password, the system will request a 6-digit code from the push notification of the EXMO or TOTP application (from the Google Authenticator application).
To enable two-factor authentication in your account:
After authorization in your personal account on the site, move the mouse cursor over your login, which is located at the top of the screen, and select Settings from the drop-down list.
Select one of the two suggested authentication methods in the Security section:
Basic Security Method
- EXMO Mobile Application - entering a code that is generated in the form of a push notification from the EXMO application on the phone. To connect this method, you must first install the mobile application and log in to your account.
Alternative Security Method
- Google Authenticator - logging into your account will randomly enter a password, as well as use a code - six times randomly generate a number in the browsing application (TOTP).
If you chose the Google Authenticator method:
- Install the Google Authenticator app on your device.
- In your account, click on Generate a new key.
- In the TOTP Secret Key field, a 16-digit key and a QR code will appear to activate your account in the Google Authenticator application, which should already be installed on your device (PC, mobile). Use this code to enter the application.
- Next, you have the option to choose the degree of protection.
- If you select Use only for authorization, the 6-digit code from the application will need to be entered only when entering your personal account.
- If you choose full protection, in addition to logging into your account, you will also be able to confirm the withdrawal of funds using the code from the application. This means that every withdrawal of funds will be protected.
- Save the settings in your personal account. To do this, enter the 6-digit code from the Google Authenticator app in the “New Google Authenticator code” field and click "Verify and Setup 2FA" to save the settings.